Saturday 31 December 2011

Happy New Year!

Well, it's the last night of 2011, a strange year all around with both good things and bad things personally, for the people I live and work with, but also for the world as a whole.  The Mayans predicted the end of the world at the end of 2012, but I'm not so sure that the end of the world will come...I'm hoping more for big change in the world (which could signal the end of the world for the '1%' as they are known).  So we will see...

For tonight though I have been cooking a four course meal for myself and my fiancee.  We started with a tomato, mozarella and basil salad, followed by a bowl of spinach and ricotta tortellini with black pepper and freshly grated parmesan.  For the main meal it was pan fried chicken (marinaded in garlic, herbs and soy sauce), with asparagus, carrrot and flowering broccoli, with a creamy mushroom sauce.  For dessert (once all that food goes down!) it will be homemade profiteroles, with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce - I will even be doing the dishes.  Maybe I spoil her a little too much sometimes but it is worth it, nothing like a little romance at the end of the year.

Only a few hours to go now until the year begins again.  I am determined to keep up with the blogging much more vigourously in the coming year - a resolution in all but name.  I want to get back into writing my short stories and poems, and maybe a few other bits and pieces too.  I have to be more organised which isn't easy for me, but it has to be done.  For the moment though I will wallow in being satisfyingly food full and wish you all a happy new year, the best for 2012, and a hope that we will all be a little more creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment