Sunday 24 January 2010

As Seen On TV

Wow - it's been a while!  But there is a story, trust me.  In my last post I mentioned the loss of internet, and as a result I decided to upgrade my mobile broadband whilst also gaining a new, free netbook from Three.  Having ordered it, I waited at home for it to arrive, only for my dad to text to say it had been delivered to his address.  Turned out that Three hadn't changed my address properly, so i've been down in Cheddar again for a week.  I'm going to try to get the price of the fare back as compensation however.
While here I've taken advantage of having a television by watching Great Railway Journey's, with Michael Portillo, and on last Tuesday's episode he was in Cheddar (not that it's got a railway any more, but the Strawberry Line did used to pass through here).
During his stay, Michael interviewed one of my former teachers, Adrian Targett, in his home because famously many years ago a DNA test proved that he was related to a 10,000 year old skeleton (Cheddar Man) found in one of the caves here.  Here comes the interesting bit.
A few months ago my dad put in a bookcase and cabinet in Mr Targett's home...and he was interviewed right in front of it.  Below are a couple of screen shots taken from the programme (thanks to BBC i-player).
The first shows Mr Targett in front of his cabinet, the second is a close up.




No comments:

Post a Comment