Wednesday 2 December 2009

Sporting Chance

Its been announced that England will be seeded for next year's world cup, just reward for their good qualifying run.  They leapfrogged Portugal and France who are seeded in the top eight, but after cheating their way to the finals, I'm sure that if France had been seeded it would have raised some eyebrows.
England's cricketers are a bit of a mixed bag at the moment.  They lost the 3rd one dayer after conceding 350 runs to South Africa, but then hit back in the 4th game by skittling them out for 119!  They now have an unassailable lead, but something tells me the score will be 2-2 by the end.  I would bet on a drawn test series too.
Saturday night saw me watching the band of an ex-work colleague The Hidden Messages.  I'm not certain how to describe their music but do check them out, their songs are quite good.  It's just a shame about some of the poky venues in which they play.
So far this week I have written chapter three of my story and about to work on chapter four.  I've also been reading Before the Frost, by Henning Mankell, which was really good.  I'm going to have to check out some more of his books.  I also spotted that there will be a book fair at Camden School for Girls on saturday 5 december which will be worth checking out for cheap books.
Here's another spotify playlist, hope you enjoy it At Court

No comments:

Post a Comment