Tuesday 10 November 2009

All Food and Lagerlof

Been quiet for the last few days because I've had my dad down to celebrate his 60th. We've been doing plenty of eating and drinking, home made as well as eating out.  We went to the nearby Junction Tavern a couple of times which I've come to like.  You're treated as if you've drunk in there every day for years which is a nice feeling.
One of the meals we cooked for ourselves was lamb's liver, mash, carrots and spinach, with a bacon and onion gravy.  A picture is below.  You can also see our Gin & Tonic's!



And for the actual birthday itself we went to Loch Fyne in Covent Garden which is a lovely fish restaurant.  I had the smoked salmon pate and smoked haddock while my dad had whitebait followed by dressed crab.  It was all delicious and washed down with a Muscadet.
I also took the chance to see the new road layout at Oxford Circus and had to walk diagonally.  Great fun.
Not much writing done these last few days and not likely to do much next week as off to Sweden again tomorrow.  Speaking of which, I did catch the lunchtime lecture last Thursday on Selma Lagerlof, the swedish author.  It was very interesting and I'm now keen to read her books.  However, the english translations were done a long time ago and are said to be not very good.  But Norvik Press will be issuing some new translations in the next 18 months, so I'll have to wait until then.
That's it for now, but hopefully some more writing news in the next blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment