Tuesday 3 November 2009

Out of The Woods

I should know better really.  I should know better than to borrow a Harlan Coben book from the library.  In this case it was 'Into the Woods'.  I took it at at 10.30 yesterday morning and I finished it at 1.30am this morning.  But then I should know better.  Whenever I have one of his books it never lasts long.  The longest to date is two and a quarter days.  From the first chapter you know that whatever the perceived reality is, that's exactly what it isn't.  And you become desperate to know what it is.  You just can't help it.  So that was my day yesterday.
As for the past couple of days, I've been working on a short story, along with a couple of other ideas.  Yesterday I cooked myself an all-day breakfast: Two sausage, two bacon, two egg, chips, beans, mushroom, tomato, pot of tea.  It was fantastic! Even the eggs went well to my surprise.  The weather can't seem to make up its mind what to do, one day wet, the next sunny and cloudless, the next grey and windy.  It'll be another sixteen weeks before its as light as it is now...how depressing!
Excitingly though I've just received this months Fortean Times.  I think I know what I'll end up doing today, no matter how much I want to do something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment