Monday 26 October 2009

Wren and Trout

I've spent most of my day reading.  My books are due back on wednesday, and when you're not earning the last thing you need is a library fine!  Was a bit disappointed with 'The Enchantress of Florence', it left me with a slightly unsatisfactory feeling.  It's obviously well researched though.
I did think I'd give you a little treat though, and a photo of today's dinner. 

I had steamed trout fillet and asparagus on a bed of rice with carrots and spinach.  The sauce is double cream, garlic, tarragon, salt and pepper.  It was very tasty indeed!
Finally I have gotten around to organising something which I've fancied doing since I moved to London over six years ago, and that is to see all the churches in the city of london which were renovated by Sir Christopher Wren after the Great Fire - all the ones that are still standing that is.  I have discovered that there are 31, not including St Pauls, in which the church, part of the church or at least a plan of it still remains.  I have made a map of all their locations and will keep you informed of my progress with probably some photos as I go along.
I also received confirmation of my signing up to website Ladder Writers which will allow me to submit stories soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment